Rescue Museum Abraham Fock
Discover the bravery and history of maritime rescues at the Abraham Fock Rescue Museum in Hollum on Ameland. This museum offers a unique insight into the world of the rescue brigade and its heroic deeds.
What can you expect at the Abraham Fock Rescue Museum?
- Interactive Exhibitions: The museum provides interactive and educational exhibitions that take you through the history of maritime rescues and the lives of the rescuers.
- Historical Rescue Boats: Admire the historical rescue boats, including the famous horse-drawn rescue boat Abraham Fock, after which the museum is named.
- Horse-Drawn Rescue Boat Demonstrations: Experience the unique demonstrations of the horse-drawn rescue boat, where a team of horses pulls the rescue boat into the sea - a spectacular and rare sight.
- Rescue Missions and Stories: Learn about various rescue missions and the heroic stories of the rescuers over the years.
- Interactive Experiences: Take part in interactive experiences such as simulating a rescue mission in a recreated rescue capsule.
Discover the thrilling world of maritime rescues
A visit to the Abraham Fock Rescue Museum is an inspiring experience for young and old, full of stories of courage, heroism, and history.
Furthermore Rescue Museum Abraham Fock is near the following sights: Corn and mustard mill De Verwachting (±400 m), Golf course Ameland (±550 m), Sorgdrager Cultural History Museum (±600 m), Seal tours (±650 m) & Wellness & Beauty Boomhiemke (±800 m).
For informationOranjeweg 18, Hollum
tel. +31 519 554 243